Monday, August 22, 2011

Back to School




So we are back to school in 1 week from today! I confess I'm looking forward to this! The summer was fun buuuut we are ready for school. It seems my 6 yr old and 4 year old want to fight over everything this past week and I should just get a black and white striped shirt. So first grade and pre-K here we come! Though I'll still be home with my 2 year old for 2 and a half hours, that time seems so appealing to me... sound mean? Ha! If you have more than one you totally understand and what it feels like to be spread thin and pulled in several different directions at once. There is a reason the title of my blog is SURVIVAL guide. Anyway, last minute back to school shopping and bed time schedule in full effect this week! So here is the schedule I will attempt to stick to:

5pm Homework (once school starts)(craft time this week)
6pm DINNER
7pm Showers 1 - 2 -3
8pm Bedtime

7am is wake up (school starts at 9am)

some important tips:
  • homework before dinner but not right after school. They need that playtime for sure!
  • use dessert as incentives! I know sneaky and manipulative but it works! Check out my desserts on the recipe page and you will see the power they have.
  • During shower time lay out 2 outfits for them to choose from in morning. Eliminate trying to find something in the morning and eliminate them not wanting to wear what YOU chose by letting them choose.
  • While tucking in and giving goodnight hugs and kisses talk about the fun and exciting things that will come the next day. Its like magic! They suddenly WANT to go to sleep so tomorrow can come quicker. I learned this when my six year old came home from school one day and told me he wanted to go to bed. I was so confused and kept asking why and he finally told me "so tomorrow will come quick and I can play with Aiden" Ha! I took that bit of information and shall use it to my benefit.
So this is the plan... check back to see how it goes... I'm sure I'll be thrown some curve balls along the way but I'll survive... and tell you how ;)

Now if you will excuse me I need to go put the ref shirt on....

No comments:

Post a Comment